Saturday 15 October 2011

Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they can have an excuse to drink alcohol. Sure, a writer can get stuck for a while, but when that happens to a real author -- say, a Socrates or a Rodman -- he goes out and gets an "as told to." The alternative is to hire yourself out as an "as heard from," thus taking all the credit. The other trick I use when I have a momentary stoppage is virtually foolproof, and I'm happy to pass it along. Go to an already published novel and find a sentence that you absolutely adore. Copy it down in your manuscript. Usually, that sentence will lead you to another sentence, and pretty soon your own ideas will start to flow. If they don't, copy down the next sentence in the novel. You can safely use up to three sentences of someone else's work -- unless you're friends, then two. The odds of being found out are very slim, and even if you are there's usually no jail time. -- Steve Martin

OK, I'm having the classical 'writer's block'. Today I received a feedback that although what I write about is interesting, but the topics can be somewhat too tense. This has triggered me to question the intention behind this blog.


Initially, I envisaged creating an atmosphere which promotes self discovery and fosters discussions by relating personal experiences to the transpersonal. Essentially, I had aimed to make it sound although private, yet impersonal.


The actual focus however seems to be on what I think and how I feel. This can become intense at times, hence I blame my progressed moon right now going through and touching off the stellium of planets in Scorpio in my natal chart. Yes, Scorpio is probably the most intense sign in the zodiac (and very magnetic too :) ), so you can understand carrying this much emotional intensity and depth can be sometime hard to bear. 


Each post represents a snapshot that reflects my thinking at that particular point in time. Considering thoughts can be fleeting, just traversing back to the beginning of the year, I was very likely quite different to how I am now. 


All and all, I want us to find and realise our happiness in our own ways, and I was hoping this blog would encourage everyone to do just that. 


So maybe it's time for me to lighten up. Since we all operate at different wavelengths, rather than trying to instigate an emotional resonance or advocating change and growth, maybe I can bring joy and laughter instead through introducing the little things that I find pleasurable.   


Although I am not sure what I will be writing about next, the blog may possibly undergo a 'paradigm shift' and hopefully becomes more inclusive. So thanks to those who have been continuously reading and keeping an interest in me.


In response to what Steve Martin has said above, I decided to unashamedly and safely 'plagiarise' two of my friends' quotes this week:


* "Look forward, not backward."
* "Abundance attracts abundances, lack attracts lack. It is all about where it comes from."


I had a relatively quiet but important week this week, I had an epiphany early in the week , and some very happy things happened to me during the week. Before I go off, I just have to mention: 


* Congratulations to SSSSS on the new job offer. You deserve it and I will look to you to get some private insurance discounts 
* Thanks AAAAA for trusting me to read the chart. I hope I had brought you some good news
* I was teased by LLLLLLL for not being able to identify my method of anger release, and the next day 'provoked' by IIIII to pick a method and act on it. Thanks to you both then for helping me meet the monthly healthy stress discharge quota   

0 comments:

Post a Comment